KICKR Resistance Dropout

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

KICKR Resistance Dropout

Postby superuser » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 pm

I did the Shock workout this morning and during minute 52 the KICKR trainer suddenly dropped all resistance. I didn't time it, but the dropout didn't seem to last very long (maybe 10 seconds). Whatever happened cleared up quickly, and I was back to the normal workout. All of my ANT+ data kept transmitting because the values were still showing on screen. This has happened during a few other workouts, but I didn't pay much attention to it until now as it is proving to be a reoccurring issue. I don't know if the problem is with PeriPedal, KICKR, or something else.

I'm running:
PeriPedal v2.3.3
Windows 8
Suunto Movestick Mini (connected to a USB extension cable to ensure a good connection between my ANT+ devices and the computer)

I can provide my workout file and any other information about my setup. Please let me know what details you need. I would greatly appreciate any troubleshooting assistance that you can provide.
superuser

Re: KICKR Resistance Dropout

Postby Adam » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:08 pm

Unfortunately this is a common issue with KICKRs. I know exactly what you are talking about, and experience it occasionally myself. I've spoken to Wahoo about this in the past. Last I heard they were working on a firmware fix for it. I don't know when that is expected to be available. If you continue to experience issues I would make sure you are using the latest KICKR firmware and contact Wahoo.
Adam
Site Admin

Re: KICKR Resistance Dropout

Postby superuser » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. It's good to know that it's not a problem with my setup. I'll drop Wahoo a note about it.
superuser

Return to Technical Support