Using 2 PC's - share data?

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

Using 2 PC's - share data?

Postby DaveR12 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:05 pm

I have the trial PeriPedal installed on my home desktop where I will do most of my workouts along with my laptop which I'll only use occasionally (I have not used it yet as I'm waiting on my Ant+ Stick). Is the data like profiles and workouts stored on PeriPedal's server so that the data is shared between multiple PC's?

--Dave
DaveR12

Re: Using 2 PC's - share data?

Postby Bobones » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:48 pm

The data is stored in a folder called "Peripedal" in your Documents (or My Documents) folder. There is no way to configure this that I know. In some cases you can copy this folder to a cloud storage drive (e.g. SkyDrive) and then make an NTFS junction or "symbolic link" from the Documents folder to the cloud storage folder. You'd then be able to access the same data from multiple computers. I've done a similar thing with GoldenCheetah data (which is stored in the Applications Data folder), but I can't do it with Peripedal because my Documents folder on one PC is on a shared drive network drive on a server in work and you can't create a junction point that works.

It would be useful if there was some way to specify where the data was to be located within settings or initial setup.
Bobones

Re: Using 2 PC's - share data?

Postby Adam » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:59 am

Bobones is correct about where data is stored, etc.

I like the idea of a way to change what folder everything saves to so you could put it in your DropBox or SkyDrive directory. I will add it to the list!
Adam
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support