9 device limit?

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

9 device limit?

Postby GSASTUTO » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:33 pm

OK - I licensed up on PP for 8x license. Loaded up the bikes and all is fine until -- 9 device limit?? I thot Ant+ was good for 40 channels? How do I configure 8 bikes with the following?

1) Trainer - PBP
2) Auxillary Power Output (PowerTap, Stages, etc)
3) Speed / Cadence Sensor
4) HR Monitor
5) O2 Sensor

Thanks!
GSASTUTO

Re: 9 device limit?

Postby Adam » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:10 am

Hello,

The ANT+ USB Stick only has a total of 8 channels that can be used. Typically this isn't an issue because I can passively talk to about as many devices as you could want. You could setup the situation that you describe using only devices 2 - 5 without issue. The problem comes in when you use the PBP. The PBP uses a different network that takes away my ability to talk to as many devices as I want. I have to talk to everything based on channels, so you can have at most 8 devices total configured. Does that make sense?

Sorry for the trouble, from what I understand that is a limitation with the capabilities of the ANT+ USB stick.

If you need a refund on your purchase just let me know.

Thanks!
Adam
Site Admin

Postby GSASTUTO » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi Adam, thanks! How about multiple USB sticks? Will that increase the available devices? Can PeriPedal enumerate multiple sticks?
GSASTUTO

Postby Adam » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Multiple ANT+ USB Sticks would solve this issue, but that is not something currently supported by PeriPedal unfortunately.
Adam
Site Admin

Postby brianl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi, I recently purchased the 8-rider package and I'm getting the same warning/error. I have only 8 generic bike profiles setup and paired with KICKR's - no other ANT+ devices are hooked up/paired (none of the user profiles are paired with anything either). I can run the multi-rider with 7 users, but when i choose 8 I am getting the warning that it is too many devices...not sure how to troubleshoot so thought I'd try here to see if anyone has had the same issue. Thanks.
brianl

Return to Technical Support