Wahoo Kickr spin down calibration Issue

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

Wahoo Kickr spin down calibration Issue

Postby languid » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:26 pm

Hello,

I am new to peripedal and the Wahoo kickr in general but I am having an issue. I have my kickr in ERG mode and I am trying to carry out the calibration spin down. I spin up to the desired speed and let the trainer spin back down until it stops. The problem arises here in that the calibration step never ends, I am left with an entirely stationary trainer and the window still telling me it is waiting for the spin down to complete. The kickr speed also never gets to zero which I wonder if it is an issue?

Any ideas you might have to remedy this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Languid
languid

Re: Wahoo Kickr spin down calibration Issue

Postby Adam » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:16 am

Hi Languid,

Are you sure you are going fast enough? Have you tried going a marginal amount over the target speed, or maintaining it slightly longer?

I have not heard of this issue before. I would recommend trying to calibrate with another device to see if you can get it to calibrate correctly with that device.

Thanks,
Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Postby languid » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:17 am

Right enough, I was being particularly special and all is running smoothly now.

Regards,

Languid
languid

Postby Burnt Toast » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm not familiar with the Kickr spin down but I would think that your problem is a result of using the ERG mode while calibrating. I have a PowerBeam Pro and when I do a calibration with the Virtual Training software, it does not use ERG mode.
Burnt Toast

Return to Technical Support