Peripedal won't find my speed/cadence sensor

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

Peripedal won't find my speed/cadence sensor

Postby dannyst » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:53 pm

I am just getting peripedal running on my new computer, and it all appeared to be going smoothly until I tried to get the speed/cadence sensor to pair. Peripedal picked up my HR monitor super quickly, but I can't get it to pick up my speed/cadence sensor. I have my garmin with me as well, and it is picking up the speed/cadence sensor, so that verifies that the sensor itself is transmitting normally. In the past I had issues with proximity, but I did searches with my usb dongle about six inches away from the sensor and that didn't change anything. How can I further troubleshoot this?

I am running a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8. I am on Peripedal version 2.4.2.
dannyst

Re: Peripedal won't find my speed/cadence sensor

Postby Adam » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Are you sure that you are using the appropriate type of sensor? As in not a speed sensor or cadence sensor, but an ANT+ Speen & Cadence Sensor?
Adam
Site Admin

Postby dannyst » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:34 pm

I have used this same set of equipment on my previously owned laptop without any problem. I installed the garmin drivers and the heart rate picks up without a hitch. The actual garmin detects my speed/cadence sensor just fine, and the same exact hardware has worked flawlessly for me in the past. I am not sure what I am missing this go around.
dannyst

Postby dannyst » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:40 pm

Yeah it was an option in the dropdown. I hadn't noticed one option that was ant speed & cadence sensor. I had chosen just speed sensor and then a second choice for just cadence sensor. It must have been the slow brain early this morning that caused me to miss that.
dannyst

Postby Adam » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:19 am

Great, glad it was an easy fix! Enjoy!
Adam
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support