Workout Options

Request new features for PeriPedal.

Workout Options

Postby superuser » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:07 pm

I have a few new feature requests for workouts. Some might be more feasible and reasonable than the others, but I'll throw them out there for consideration.

1. Preview an entire workout before riding it. After going to Start Workout, the graph and mouseover details give a small overview of what the workout entails. However, I'd like to be able to review all of the intervals for a workout similar to what is seen in the Workout Creator. It seems that the Workout Creator only allows you to view/edit custom workouts. If I'm missing an existing feature where I can open the pre-loaded workouts in Workout Creator, then let me know.

2. Create workouts based on slope for the KICKR or other electronic trainers. As an alternative to having workout intervals being based on FTP only, I'd like to be able to set a certain slope/resistance on the KICKR for each interval.
For example, a workout might be:
10 min - 0% slope
Repeat 2x
4 min - 4% slope
2 min - 8% slope
4 min - 4% slope
2 min - 0% slope
5 min ...

3. Create workouts based on heart rate zones. Instead of having a power target, a specific heart rate zone would be the target. Because heart rate zone values are user specific (like FTP), it probably makes sense that the heart rate zone values would need to be added into the user profile section. I'll be greedy and ask this up front, being able to specify a range would be ideal. For example, an interval might require riding in "upper zone 4 for x minutes". Thus, being able to have a target range of 4.5-5.0 as your target would be better than only being able to have your target be zone 4.

Requests #2 and #3 might be taking your software in a new direction because the workouts wouldn't necessarily be FTP-based. Even if #3 isn't fully implemented, entering heart rate zone values into the user profile and having them display during the workout would be a nice addition for those of us still straddling the line between HR-based training and power-based training.
superuser

Re: Workout Options

Postby Adam » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:16 am

Thanks for the suggestions!

1. You are correct, pre-loaded workouts can't be opened by the workout creator. I'll try to think of a good way to allow more of a preview to users before they select the workout.

2. I like this idea. As you said it would be a larger change, so it will probably not be something I do in the near future, but it is something I would like to do at some point.

3. I'm not a huge fan of heart rate zones, but I will re-consider this one when I work on #2.

Thanks again!
Adam
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests