Tacx Satori

Request new features for PeriPedal.

Tacx Satori

Postby Bobones » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Hello!

I've just started using this software after reading a post on BikeForums/Road Cycling, and I am pretty amazed at how great it is. I had a test run of Angels using the KK Road Machine profile this morning, and it worked flawlessly with my Suunto Movestick receiver, Garmin 500 (transmitted power), Motorolo HR & S+C sensors. However, it would be great if I could use it with profiles for my own trainer so I'm hoping you can add support for the Tacx Satori trainer?

This is a very popular trainer in the UK, partly because Decathlon have been selling it at a hugely discounted price. It is a mag trainer so has linear resistance, which seems to be very stable. I've derived the linear equations from the dynamic chart on this page http://www.tacx.com/en/products/trainers/satori#tab_2 (may not display in IE10). I believe Trainer Road used the same source and Golden Cheetah developers added profiles based on these figures. If you are going to add any of the 10 resistance levels can you please do level 4 and 5 at least as these are the ones I use (selfish to the last!). I've been using these figures for a while for my workouts and they seem realistic enough.

Here are the figures for each resistance levels, based on power (w) = slope * speed (km/h) + intercept

Code: Select all
Level      1       2       3       4       5       6       7       8       9       10
Slope      3.73    5.33    6.87    8.27    10.07   11.4    13.13   14.4    15.93   17.73
Intercept -28.67  -36.67  -43.33  -47.33  -66.33  -67.00  -83.67  -82.00  -89.67  -114.67

(Might be an idea to display "0" watts in the program when the equation returns a negative result).

Going forward, I wonder if you would consider adding user definable power curves? For example, theoretically any power curve can be represented by a polynomial of the form w = av^2 + bv + c. If users could add profiles by giving a, b and c then any trainer could be represented without needing to be hard coded. For level 5 of my trainer I would just need to supply a = 0, b = 10.07 and c = -66.33. May need to give option for supplying speed in mph or km/h

Many thanks!
Last edited by Bobones on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobones

Re: Tacx Satori

Postby Adam » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:01 am

Hi Bobones,

Thanks for the compliments! I will add the Tacx Satori in an upcoming (hopefully next) release, thanks for the power info!

I've had a few others request the ability to add custom power curves. I will try to add this to an upcoming release, but it will probably be a few releases before I will be able to get to it.

Thanks Again,
Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Re: Tacx Satori

Postby Bobones » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Superb, looking forward to the next release!
Bobones

Return to Feature Requests