Add trainer

Request new features for PeriPedal.

Add trainer

Postby Burnt Toast » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:39 am

I'm serious looking at getting myself a Cycleops Powerbeam Pro trainer and was hoping that you would be able to add that trainer to your supported trainer list. I would specifically like the option to have PP control the power of the Powerbeam Pro similar to the newly added Kickr. I haven't purchased one yet, but if PP had the capability to control it, I think that would push me to buy it.

I see another poster was asking about the ability to add Real Course Videos with his Powerbeam Pro and agree this would be an excellent feature.
Burnt Toast

Re: Add trainer

Postby Adam » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:56 am

I actually got a PowerBeam Pro on Friday and hope to start working on adding support for it soon. I will keep you updated!
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Burnt Toast » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Adam wrote:I actually got a PowerBeam Pro on Friday and hope to start working on adding support for it soon. I will keep you updated!

After reading that you have a PowerBeam Pro, I decided to pull the trigger and bought one myself. I figure if you own one, its going to get added for usre. :D
Burnt Toast

Postby Burnt Toast » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:02 pm

I received my PowerBeam Pro today and was hoping that since it is basically a powertap, I'd be able to pair it as one and just ride like I did on the Fluid2 and adjust speed for virtual power, but that didn't work. Looks like I have to stick with the Fluid for awhile. Hope you can get that working soon.

Thanks
Burnt Toast

Postby Adam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:24 am

You should be able to pair it as an ANT+ Power Meter so it will read your power directly. That is how I am using mine right now. Does that not work for you?
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Burnt Toast » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:28 pm

Adam wrote:You should be able to pair it as an ANT+ Power Meter so it will read your power directly. That is how I am using mine right now. Does that not work for you?

I found out from DCRainmaker after posting up a question on Garmin forums, that the PowerBeam Pro was shipped out in early months of 2013 with a proprietary version of an ant+ protocol instead of Garmin's open protocol so I could not pair the PBP with Peripedal or my 310xt. I got a great deal on a floor model so I called Saris and have sent the unit in for warranty work to update the firmware and recalibrate the power meter.

I'm a bit disappointed with the service as they received it on the morning of the 16th, but as of this Friday, have yet to ship it back. Hopefully its shipped on Monday. also when I called support, they were a little reluctant to tell me about proprietary Ant+ signal issue and didn't offer up a firmware update until I told them pairing it via ant+ was the reason I bought one.
Burnt Toast

Postby Adam » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Glad you figured out what the issue was, and hopefully they will get it back to you soon.

When you do get it in let me know and I will hopefully have a beta version that has support for the PowerBeam Pro.
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Burnt Toast » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Adam wrote:Glad you figured out what the issue was, and hopefully they will get it back to you soon.

When you do get it in let me know and I will hopefully have a beta version that has support for the PowerBeam Pro.

Awesome, I'll let you know.
Burnt Toast

Postby Adam » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:12 am

I have a Release Candidate available with Beta Power Beam Pro support. You can get it from here:

http://www.peripedal.com/download/PeriPedalSetup-RC.exe
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Burnt Toast » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:42 am

Adam wrote:I have a Release Candidate available with Beta Power Beam Pro support. You can get it from here:

http://www.peripedal.com/download/PeriPedalSetup-RC.exe

I can't wait to try it out. I've been without my PowerBeam for over three weeks now and was getting the run around from Saris for awhile. Finally got a call saying they had some trouble with it and are sending me a new unit and power supply. Hopefully it will be here by Monday.
Burnt Toast

Next

Return to Feature Requests