Garmin 500 transmit power

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

Garmin 500 transmit power

Postby damoh78 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi ,

I've recently started a trial and all seems good so far but I'd like to transmit my virtual power back to my garmin 500 , I use sufferfest through my tv and would prefer to have the head unit showing power instead of having 3 displays going at once :D I noticed on the profile there is the option to transmit but I have no idea of where the ID of my head unit is . I tried using the unit ID in the about section but it wasn't recognised.

Any help would be much appreciated!
damoh78

Re: Garmin 500 transmit power

Postby Adam » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi damoh78,

You don't need the ID of your head unit. That ID just needs to be a unique ID that isn't matching any other power meter in your room. You should be able to turn the option on with almost any ID and your head unit will find your power meter.

That said, version 2.1.8 of PeriPedal introduced a bug that causes the transmitted power to not function properly. I have a fix for it ready, and I hope to get it released today. I will post another reply when the update is ready.
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Adam » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:06 am

Here is a release candidate that should fix the transmit power issues:

http://www.peripedal.com/download/PeriPedalSetup-RC.exe

Let me know if you have any trouble.
Adam
Site Admin

Postby damoh78 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Adam ,

Thanks very much for your help the main problem being that I hadn't even searched for a power sensor......(late night at work to blame!).

I installed the link the you posted and all seems to be working very well now , think this is going to be a cant do without program now so will be purchasing at the end of my trial. Thanks for the prompt and straight forward assistance , much appreciated.

Damien.
damoh78

Postby Adam » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi Damien,

Glad to hear the update worked for you, and thanks for the compliments! Let me know if you have any other trouble.

The updates in the RC I posted above have been added to the now officially released PeriPedal v2.2.1 (Identical to the RC I posted earlier)

Thanks,
Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Burnt Toast » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:54 pm

damoh78 wrote:Adam ,

Thanks very much for your help the main problem being that I hadn't even searched for a power sensor......(late night at work to blame!).

I installed the link the you posted and all seems to be working very well now , think this is going to be a cant do without program now so will be purchasing at the end of my trial. Thanks for the prompt and straight forward assistance , much appreciated.

Damien.

Tell your buddies about it. I personally feel its better then the competition, you know who T(R)hey are.
Burnt Toast

Postby Adam » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Thanks for the compliments, and LOL. :)

To anyone reading who likes PeriPedal please listen to Burnt Toast and spread the word. The more popular PeriPedal becomes, the more time I'll be able to focus on adding new features. Thanks!
Adam
Site Admin

Postby damoh78 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:31 pm

Bit of a update -

I used the software to complete a FTP test (used heartrate previously) and having the ability to get a near instant readout of power on my existing kit is brilliant and makes training so much easier and more importantly means you cant slack off!

Only slight issue I had was every now and again the power reading would drop by half for a split second even though there was no drop in effort but to be honest I don't think it affected the final outcome.

As for letting others know , I will gladly and already have :)
damoh78

Postby Burnt Toast » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:36 am

damoh78 wrote:Bit of a update -

I used the software to complete a FTP test (used heartrate previously) and having the ability to get a near instant readout of power on my existing kit is brilliant and makes training so much easier and more importantly means you cant slack off!

Only slight issue I had was every now and again the power reading would drop by half for a split second even though there was no drop in effort but to be honest I don't think it affected the final outcome.

I bought a USB extension cable so I can lay the Ant Stick on the floor under the speed/cadence sensor. You might want to try something similar as it could be interference or a battery strength issue.
Burnt Toast

Postby Adam » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:19 pm

damoh78 wrote:Bit of a update -

Hi Damien,

Let me see if I understand you correctly. Lets say you were pedaling at around 200 watts. Most of the time this would show up correctly on your Garmin Edge at roughly 200 watts, but every once in a while it would drop down to around 100 watts for a very short amount of time before returning to 200. Is that correct?

I would be interested in comparing a .FIT file created by your Edge 500 and a .peripedal file created by PeriPedal to see if that could help shed light onto this issue.

Thank You,
Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Next

Return to Technical Support