More ability to modify screen layout during workouts

Request new features for PeriPedal.

More ability to modify screen layout during workouts

Postby dannyst » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:28 pm

I work out with a laptop hooked up to my tv running like I have dual monitors. Essentially, having dual monitors means I would like to be able to do a few things to use the screen space better. I typically find that I just watch my local media in a different app and have it maximized on the tv screen while I have the workout maximized on the laptop screen. That sacrifices the auto pause stuff which would be nice to keep for something like a sufferfest video so things are synchronized. In general, it would be cool if we could do things like pop the Peripedal media into a separate window that is still under peripedal influence. For those with one screen, it would be nice to be able to update your layout. If I were on one screen, I would probably collapse most of that top bar and pay attention almost exclusively to the actual progress area. (Particularly with how you already do the awesome change from yellow to green to red to give me the information I really care about right there.) That being the case, it would be nice to be able to adjust the layout to either dedicate more screen to my progress output, or to give more space to the video I want to watch.

Another option that could be nice would be to have the ability to essentially snap the workout output to the bottom or top of your screen and choose to have it in an always in front mode or not. These are just some things I have been thinking about that would make this software really stand out.
dannyst

Re: More ability to modify screen layout during workouts

Postby Adam » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:30 am

Hi dannyst,

When using PeriPedal with some for of entertainment selected you can adjust how much of the screen is given to the media and how much is given to the workout. move your mouse to the area between the two and you will be able to drag it up or down to change the proportions. Let me know if you aren't sure what I mean.

Multi-Window support is definitely something I plan to support in the future. Both for multi-user use (workouts for different users on different screens) and for popping out the entertainment section.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Adam
Site Admin

Postby dannyst » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:18 am

Yeah I noticed that I can adjust that vertical space, and that is a starting point. However, I found that I didn't want to shrink the workout part too much because it becomes hard to read. I personally would like the ability to collapse the region with the specific number read outs to give more space to the actual workout graph stuff.

As it is right now, I find that I am just running my videos in a separate app. However, I hope to get some sufferfest videos soon, and I would like to do those with the integrated start/stop functionality that comes when you play the video through Peripedal. When I do that, the layout tweaks would be particularly nice. Multi-window support will be particularly nice if/when that can become a feature.

Thanks for the great program and the great value provided.
dannyst

Postby Burnt Toast » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:58 am

dannyst wrote:Yeah I noticed that I can adjust that vertical space, and that is a starting point. However, I found that I didn't want to shrink the workout part too much because it becomes hard to read. I personally would like the ability to collapse the region with the specific number read outs to give more space to the actual workout graph stuff.

As it is right now, I find that I am just running my videos in a separate app. However, I hope to get some sufferfest videos soon, and I would like to do those with the integrated start/stop functionality that comes when you play the video through Peripedal. When I do that, the layout tweaks would be particularly nice. Multi-window support will be particularly nice if/when that can become a feature.

Thanks for the great program and the great value provided.

Personally, I shrink the workout part down a lot because I basically watch the tachometer and power numbers when I'm working out while Netflix is playing in the bottom area of the screen.
Burnt Toast

Postby Adam » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:10 am

Thanks for the feedback and insight into how you use PeriPedal. I'll keep that in mind for future versions. Multi-Window support is definitely something on my radar. I'm looking into ways to improve space usage on single monitors as well. Thanks!
Adam
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests