Settings question for PowerBeam

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

Settings question for PowerBeam

Postby Burnt Toast » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:18 am

Adam

I've finally ditched the Fluid2 and am going to use the PowerBeam exclusively. I had to do a FTP test because the power output was quite different from the Fluid2 trainer which doesn't bother me (lost 50 watts).

It seems the PBP is slow to respond to power level changes in ERG mode and I'm wondering if you can give me some insight as to how I should adjust the settings to optimize the ERG mode. You can go to Strava and look at a ride from the PowerBeam to see just how long it takes to change the resistance when the interval changes. For yesterdays ride, my VI was 1.08 and I would think it should be close to 1.00 in ERG mode.
Burnt Toast

Re: Settings question for PowerBeam

Postby Adam » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi Burnt Toast,

Unfortunately there are no settings to adjust how quickly the PBP adjusts to an interval change. PeriPedal is always telling it the exact wattage of the current interval. The PBP itself determines how long it takes to get up or down to the new wattage. I have no control over that. Sorry!
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Burnt Toast » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:55 am

Does the Kickr respond quicker?

I didn't intend for that rhyme.
Burnt Toast

Postby Adam » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:33 pm

I switch back and forth between the KICKR and the Power Beam fairly regularly and I can't say that I've noticed a difference. There may be a difference, but it wasn't enough that it actually registered with me. The response time of both is fine for me.
Adam
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support