Continue on to a 2nd workout ...

Request new features for PeriPedal.

Continue on to a 2nd workout ...

Postby Double-A » Sat May 18, 2013 8:48 am

Adam, this is a similar request to 'Starting Point' but relates to the other end - adding more to your workout by selecting another workout & it flows with the 2nd workout template tacked on to the 1st (and ultimately generates one .peridal & one .fit file). I know nothing stops you from continuing to pedal indefinitely and the data is recorded but there is nothing like chasing those targets & intervals.

An example may be a Sufferfest video - SF now have 2 'Extra Shot' videos that you tack on to the end of a full SF workout.

AA
Double-A

Re: Continue on to a 2nd workout ...

Postby Double-A » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Plus 1
Double-A

Postby Adam » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Hey AA,

To help me understand this request more, what is the advantage of this functionality for you? Allowing you to start a new workout faster? Combining what would be two workouts into one file?
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Burnt Toast » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:00 am

Double-A wrote:Plus 1

Love how you "Plus 1" your own request...nice

Anyway, I can see that I may want to tie two workouts together into one continuous workout without stopping, backing out to the main menu, finding the second workout and starting it.

An example would be to tie "Tikaboo" to a some sort of recovery or endurance workout to get over an hours worth of riding in one file.

Hey AA, is this what you're looking for?
Burnt Toast

Postby Bobones » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Me too. Combining the workouts into one file being the main reason. E.g. I like to a short tabata session after a longer workout, it would be nice if Strava showed it all in one ride rather having a separate tiny tabata ride. I guess this could be accommodated by modifying the quit/save ride dialog to have a continue to other workout option?
Bobones

Postby Adam » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:04 am

I will keep considering this one, but no promises.
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Double-A » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:48 am

Slow on the uptake (Thread).

Yes - Two reasons:

A: You're in the groove and you have polished off one workout but want to top it up & do more.
Stopping - Saving - Stepping out - Stepping back in to Workout selection - etc, etc = Kills the flow

B: You're feeling &^%$ & "What was I thinking ..." - Rule #6 isn't working for you - Switch workout

But ultimately one file for your workout would be grand.

AA

PS - Not sure about Plus 1ing my own comment. I've tossed this idea at Adam from Day 1 and got over excited thinking somebody else was proposing same.
Mind you 1st Post was in May 2013 & the Plus 1 in Dec 2013 re-ignited the Thread!
Double-A

Postby dannyst » Wed May 13, 2015 1:13 am

I can think of another scenario where this would be nice. I like to do some of the sufferfest workouts, but I actually like to do a slightly longer warm up before before jumping into those workouts. Right now, I just make a copy of the workout profile but I change one of the warm up intervals. The other option would let me just create a short warm up file, and then queue up my sufferfest workout immediately after. That would be a lot more flexible, and could be handy.
dannyst

Return to Feature Requests