Power Data

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

Power Data

Postby frozen-core » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi Adam,

(And everyone else!! :)

I spent a while looking at what youve put together here and I have to say im really impressed! I live in Sunny Ireland so i dont get out much except at the weekend... probably a good thing for everyone! I love this software! I've spent ages looking at ways to write what you've done (all be it with far more modest designs).

I downloaded the trial version last night and having had a browse just went off and bought two licences. Picked up a 4metre usb lead today and a garmin ant+ key (yup the one that keeps breaking on people...) I have two on the way from digi-key which should arrive tomorrow but I'm a bit impatient...

Well, what can I say sir?! You have outdone yourself this software is awesome. I'm a wobbling, jibbering mess!! The floor looks like I poured the water over myself instead of drinking it... But I had a blast!!

Thank you so much!!! I do 4-6hrs a week indoors atm due to the weather/darkness so this is now going to make up the majority of my training until the weather gets better... and then I lose the power info... maybe I'll stay indoors ;) It rains here quite a lot!! :roll: :roll:

Anyhow there is one small issue I came across this evening when murdering myself... I wasn't 100% sure what to enter for the ftp (i know now :oops: ) but I put in a value of 95, thinking it wanted what my ftp would be out of 100... therefore my power data was way off. Still not the issue but I'm getting there... so while spinning up to my max cadence/speed (i can generally hit 145-155 cadence and a speed of 45-50mph on the sprint sessions on the roller). The cadence shows fine, speed is fine but the power information drops off to 0 after I pass about 35mph... I take it this is just because the power data doesn't go up to 50mph?

Edit: Meant to say I'm on a Cycleops Supermagneto Pro road setting.

Thanks again and awesome work! Worth every penny if I only every got to use it once!

All the best,

FC
“I go out on my bike, I do my ride, and when I get back home I decide if it’s too wet or not!” - Sean Kelly
Thanks Adam!! Now I don't have to!! - FC
frozen-core

Re: Power Data

Postby Adam » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:04 am

Hi FC,

Thanks for the purchase and all of the positive feedback! It is always great to read an encouraging message like yours, thank you. :)

I wouldn't expect your power data to drop off after 35 mph. Can you email me the .peripedal file from that workout? You can send it to adam@peripedal.com. That will help me debug the issue.

Thanks again for your great feedback.

Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Postby frozen-core » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Hey Adam,

Hope you're keeping well!!

So I'm back on the trainer again pretty much for now and the rest of the winter. Aiming to get my FTP and general fitness up to the next level. I've done a bit more digging on this and I've discovered that on setting 2 i can get the power up to 421w before it starts to drop back down as I increase the power. On setting 3 I can get it to 540w before it starts to drop while i increase the power. and on setting 4 I can get up to 656W before it starts to drop. I've looked at the supermagneto pro power curve for setting 4 and 56kph (35mph) should be around 830w...

I can send on the files if you wish. I currently have my FTP set on 369w if that helps. It seems to have made no difference to any of the power settings though.

Regards,

FC
“I go out on my bike, I do my ride, and when I get back home I decide if it’s too wet or not!” - Sean Kelly
frozen-core

Postby Adam » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:49 am

Hey FC,

I'm doing great, thanks! Glad to hear you are back on the trainer.

Go ahead and email me your .peripedal files and I will take a look.

Thanks,
Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Postby frozen-core » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi Adam,

I'm still having some issues with the power data on the Cycleops SuperMagneto Pro. I've done some testing this evening and heres what I found.

Maximum Power (on setting 4 mountain): 655w (If I push harder the power decreases proportionately aka it goes down instead of going up)

655w equates to 9W/kg if that helps...

Thanks again,

David
frozen-core

Postby Adam » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:36 am

Hi David,

Can you send me the .peripedal files from the test you described? I'd like to get this figured out for you.

Thanks,
Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support