Ant+ USB stick 8 channel limit

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

Ant+ USB stick 8 channel limit

Postby steely » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi I'm looking at getting the 8 rider license.

I would like to run up to 8 normal trainers with speed/cadence and hr for each of them.

My question is, if I have the 8 rider package is this limited to one usb ant stick and the 8 channels it offers?

So that would be 8 x speed/cadence sensors and no hr straps or 4 speed/cadence and 4 hr straps?

Thanks for any help
Dave
steely

Re: Ant+ USB stick 8 channel limit

Postby Adam » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:01 am

Hi Dave,

If you are using standard ANT+ speed/cadence sensors and heart rate monitors then you can use as many as you want. They can all be received on the same channel. The 8 channel limit only really comes into play when you are dealing with a device that is not transmit only, like a KICKR. Each KICKR needs its own channel.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Postby steely » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:26 am

Hi Adam

thanks for the reply

What is the max number of kickr's/PBP's that you can run at any one time, assuming they were all controlled by PP and all had their speed and power coming from the kickr's/PBP's along with HR stras for each?

Does the program support Computrainer at all?

BTW i really like the layout of the display, but would it get a bit busy with 8 displays? then add to that the video player as well (although i can run 2 screens so maybe just pull it over to the second screen) .

Do you have any screenshots of what 8 readouts looks like? Can you split the readouts over 2 screens?

I think that a count down timer for the current interval in the interval box would be useful as well

Thanks
Dave
steely

Postby Adam » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Dave,

You can have 7 KICKR's at one time. 1 Channel for controlling each KICKR, and 1 channel for receiving data from all KICKRs and other devices (HRM, etc.). PBP's are a little more complicated because they are using their own network instead of the standard ANT+ network. I would have to check the code, which I don't have in front of me. It would be 7 or less.

No CompuTrainer support at this time.

Glad to hear you like the layout. With 8 users it works, but on a 1080p screen the graphs are not visible, only the top data bar. My personal preference is 4-users per screen. In either case, I would highly recommend moving the video over to a second screen. I have a screenshot of 8 users attached.

No multi-screen support at this time.

Thanks for the feedback on the count down timer. I try not to repeat data to have more efficient screen usage, which is why I chose to only have 1 count down timer, since they would all be identical anyway.

Thanks,
Adam
Attachments
PeriPedal-8 Users.png
PeriPedal-8 Users.png (273.53 KiB) Viewed 10064 times
Adam
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support