HR Value Erratic

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

HR Value Erratic

Postby bundy115 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:20 am

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue but I'm hoping to get some answers.

I am using a Mio Link wrist HR monitor (ANT+) with PeriPedal. On all my other devices (Garmin 920XT and 520) the HR signal is steady and correct. Also on Trainer Road (used before I switched to PeriPedal) the HR signal is steady and correct. I am using the same computer and ANT+ stick now that I have switched to PeriPedal.

However, PeriPedal is giving very strange HR readings. The upper HR value is true and correct and is the same as my 920XT or 520 but momentarily, every second or so, PeriPedal reports the HR value as either 31 or 1. Obviously these numbers are not correct. My computer is up-to-date with all the latest software drivers and windows updates and I am using the latest version of PeriPedal. I have even tried completely removing PeriPedal, cleaning the system registry, and re-installing PeriPedal but the result is the same. This is detracting from my use of what seems to a perfect solution for my indoor trainer needs. BTW, I am using a Wahoo Kickr with the latest firmware update. I have attached a screenshot of the a typical ride with the erratic HR trace.

Any help solving this issue would be much appreciated.

Untitled1.jpg
Erratic HR Trace
Untitled1.jpg (208.92 KiB) Viewed 9951 times
bundy115

Re: HR Value Erratic

Postby bundy115 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:21 am

I was hoping I might get a reply from Adam on this.

There is still no improvement on this behavior and I must say I am quite disappointed. There was no way to figure this out before purchasing because there was no trial version. Other than the HR data this is an awesome piece of software but this issue is certainly detracting.
bundy115

Postby Burnt Toast » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:38 pm

I've been reading some reviews of the Mio Link and there are quite a few that say the HR data is inconsistent and drops frequently. I believe that Peripedal is just reporting the data that is received from the Ant+ signal. How far away from the Mio is the Ant Stick?
Burnt Toast

Postby Adam » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:11 am

Hi bundy115,

Sorry for my late reply.

Can you post the .peripedal file created for a workout you have experienced this in? I would be curious to look at the source of the data and see if I can make anything out of that.

Thanks,
Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:43 pm

I have seen this issue before as well, but I was not able to replicate it.

I know some of our Moxy users see it from time to time because it shows up in some Moxy forum posts like this pic.

Adam, I have a few .peripedal files from a few months ago that I will email you too that I know have the same issue. The HR data was coming from a regular chest strap in that case.

Roger
Roger

Return to Technical Support