Failed save

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

Failed save

Postby Burnt Toast » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:58 pm

I performed my first workout of the fall and upon completion of the workout, I tried to save and exit but the save failed.

Before the workout, I noticed that we could sync the workout with SportTracks so I input the appropriate info and proceeded to workout. When it failed a message popped up and said something about a string was too long or something to that effect. It also said the message was saved in a file, but I have no idea where that file is stored to post the error message.
Burnt Toast

Re: Failed save

Postby Adam » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:53 am

Hi Burnt Toast,

The error file should be stored here:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\PeriPedal\Logs

If you can post or email that file I should be able to help more.

Thanks,
Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Burnt Toast » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:31 am

Adam

I sent you a PM with the log text.

Same error today so I decided to disconnect the SportTracks sync and start a workout and save it. The test workout saved successfully and it also uploaded to Strava. I seems the sync to ST is broken, but I'm not sure that I'm going to use it if you fix it.

Thanks
Burnt Toast

Postby Adam » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:42 am

Thanks for the feedback on this! I haven't had an issue on my end, but I will investigate this.

Thanks,
Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Burnt Toast » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Adam wrote:Thanks for the feedback on this! I haven't had an issue on my end, but I will investigate this.

Thanks,
Adam

ST support said its something on your end. Last night I repaired (if thats what you call it) Peripedal to my ST account and did my warm up workout. I saved the workout and it was sent to ST. I then started my main workout and upon completion, I tried to exit and save the workout. I got another error pop up and Peripedal would not let me exit and save. It turned out that the workout was saved to my HD, but it was not sent to ST.

I've also been in contact with ST support about the PeriPedal .fit file import and the lack of interval data when imported directly to ST mobi. Strava and ST with OMB's plugin seem to handle the import just fine.
Burnt Toast

Postby Adam » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi Burnt Toast,

I gave this a try today with 2 different workouts, and both worked and synced without issue.

Can you try doing a very quick workout, around a minute or so, and see if you get the same error? I'm wondering if the cause could be the size of the workout data.

If that fails, can you send me your user profile and bike profile XML files? I'll use them in my test and see if it is something specific to your settings.

Thanks,
Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Burnt Toast » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:01 am

I'm having some serious issues with my computer and have a new one ordered. I'll get to testing the upload after I get the laptop running. My computer issues may be behind my upload problems.
Burnt Toast

Return to Technical Support