KICKR Calibration

Get help with any PeriPedal issues you may be experiencing.

KICKR Calibration

Postby bscura » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:36 pm

I'm having trouble calibrating my KICKR with PeriPedal. When I click the "CALIBRATE" button it turns gray for about 5 seconds and nothing happens. The calibration window doesn't pop up and I can't click on any other buttons while the "CALIBRATE'" button is gray. After I encountered this problem, I tried repairing PeriPedal with the "Repair" feature in Windows 7 "Programs and Features". I restarted my computer and still had the same problem.
The Wahoo Utility calibrates the KICKR without any problem.
I thought the Wahoo Utility might be interfering with the Peripedal calibration, so I turned off my phone and tried calibrating my KICKR with Peripedal. I had the same problem.
I'm running Peripedal 2.4.8. in Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit.
bscura

Re: KICKR Calibration

Postby Adam » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:16 am

Hi bscura,

Sorry to hear about your issue. I am unable to replicate it on my end. However, if you can calibrate it with your phone then you should be all set. The KICKR remembers its last calibration, so there is no need to calibrate with your phone and PeriPedal. Just the phone is good enough. Also, unless you move locations you should only need to calibrate every 2 weeks or so. I hope that helps.

Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Postby bscura » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:11 pm

Adam,

I'd really like to be able to calibrate my KICKR with PeriPedal instead of my phone. Do I need to uninstall PeriPedal and reinstall it? If so, do you have an un uninstall utility that cleans the registry, or instructions on how to do a clean uninstall?
I also remember that I needed something from you to move PeriPedal from one computer to another. Will I need something from you to uninstall PeriPedal and reinstall it on the same computer?

Thanks...
bscura

Postby Adam » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:36 am

I would not expect an installer repair of any sort to fix this issue. It doesn't rely on anything in the registry. Have you looked to see if the pop-up window is under the main window, or perhaps even on a different window?

It sounds like something is hiding the pop-up window. You may be able to run through the calibration steps on your own without the prompting and still get the calibration, but I'm not sure. Unfortunately there is nothing else I can do as this works correctly on my test systems.

You are fine to uninstall this on your computer and re-install it without any steps if you want to do that.
Adam
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support