Starting point in workout.

Request new features for PeriPedal.

Starting point in workout.

Postby Burnt Toast » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Is it possible for the program to be set up in such a way that it will allow us to start a workout somewhere other then at the beginning of a workout?

The reason for wanting to start somewhere other then the beginning is to be able to pick up where you left off if something happened or came up that caused you to stop the ride while you were in the middle of a workout. As I've posted earlier I've had a couple sessions stop recording from a dropped Ant signal. It would be great if I could get the Ant signal working again and start a workout at the approxiamate place it stopped recording.
Burnt Toast

Re: Starting point in workout.

Postby Adam » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:59 pm

I will consider this and try to think of a good clean way to do this. My first priority will be fixing the issue you mentioned in the technical support forum, but I suppose something unrelated to software bugs could interrupt a workout (power surge, etc.) and this may be handy.
Adam
Site Admin

Postby atilley » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:13 pm

I'll +1 this suggestion for a different reason. I have had a few workouts where I just couldn't finish the workout because I was a little ambitious and wanted to do a different one instead. However, I want to skip the warm up as I'm already warm. Another thing that has happened (this should probably go in the tech support forum) is that a few times netflix has stopped on me - just blacked out. I want to restart the program to get my show up again, but I don't want to restart the workout.
atilley

Postby Adam » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:48 am

Thanks for the +1 atilley. This is on my list of things to do, you brought up a good point about switching workouts and wanting to skip the warm up. I've done that before too.

I haven't experienced the Netflix issue you described. Unfortunately, there probably isn't much I can do about it. The Netflix functionality in PeriPedal is simply an embedded IE window. You might make sure your IE is up to date. Making sure you are running .NET 4.5 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653) may help too.

Adam
Adam
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests